The Last Straw Campaign
Healthy Human is setting out to change the way the world uses straws.
500 million plastic straws are used in the United States every day. Many of them end up in the ocean, harming marine life and polluting the water. Each one of us will use over 38,000 plastic straws over a life-time if we don’t make a change now.
Make the switch. There are many environmentally friendly alternatives. Say no to plastic straws today to eliminate them from our landfills, streams, oceans and beaches.
BE THE CHANGE
How can YOU help?
- Talk to your favorite bars and restaurants about offering plastic straws upon request only.
- Refuse the single-use plastic straw and if you need one, bring your own.
- Know the stats and don’t be afraid to repeat them.
- Follow key environmental organizations and share their posts on social media.
- Demand action from governments and corporations.
- Start gifting stainless steel straws.
30 Day Challenge:
- Educate and mobilize friends.
- Challenge your colleagues, friends, kid’s school to go strawless for 30 days.
- Ask them to take photos and videos of how their are changing their set consumer behaviors and going strawless.
- Share your story on social media using #thelaststraw and #takeitwithu.